- Fill glass with your favorite adult beverage.
- During the President’s acceptance speech, drink every time he mentions any of the items on this list.
In the category of actions the President has direct, personal control over:
In the category of things where the final decision lies with the President:
- Guantanamo Bay prison, military commissions, CIA renditions
- Indefinite detention, National Defense Authorization Act of 2011
- State Secrets Privilege
In the category of policies the President has control over as head of the executive branch:
- Deportations, immigrant detention, Secure Communities
- Domestic surveillance, electronic eavesdropping, warrantless wiretapping, sneak and peak, cellphone tracking, paid informants, entrapment, sting operations
- Data sharing, biometrics, Suspicious Activity Reporting, NSA data center, Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System/IAFIS, Automated Biometric Identification System/IDENT, Combined DNA index System/CODIS, automated biometric identification system/ABIS, facial recognition
- Whistleblowers, Espionage Act prosecutions, classified national security information
- NSA, FBI, CIA, DHS, TSA, ICE, ATF, CBP, or the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
In the category of tragedies the President could significantly impact through a combination of taking up the bully pulpit and realigning federal funding incentives:
- War on drugs, mass incarceration, felony disenfranchisement
In the category of the President as custodian of fundamental American values:
- First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Sixth Amendment, Eighth Amendment
After President Obama says “…and God Bless America,” wipe away tears and pour out your untouched glass.
Also 100% safe for teetotalers, Mormons, and pregnant women.